Monday, April 11, 2011

Crushin' On A Character

Have you ever created a character that was just your idea of a good time?  Or read a book containing someone that you would give your eye teeth to meet in real life?

For me, Janet Evanovich's Stephanie Plum series has Ranger.  I can say, besides the fact that I laugh out loud reading her books, Ranger is the reason I buy her every release. There is something about this character that speaks to all that is woman within me.

I find myself using him as the measuring stick for all hot personas everywhere, and I have to say, the majority falls terribly short.

Until yesterday. I have started a new MS, and my main character's love interest is a stud. Not just physically, but intellectually and spiritually.  Of course he has flaws, but he is giving Ranger a run for his money, and frankly, I didn't see that coming.  I don't consider myself the type of person to divide my loyalties.  But Mason (that's all you're getting) is attentive, and attractive, and interesting, and hot in ways that Tiger/Adonis/Winning Charlie Sheen could only dream of being.

Ranger, I love you, I really do, but you're going to have to step up your game or I'm going home with Mason tonight.

How about you?  Conflicting love interests?

No comments:

Post a Comment